Cover & Interior Book Design for Paperback
- Consultation with Lead Designer to establish general book layout and type faces
- 24-32 pages of text layout from your MS Word manuscript, and original scanned or digital artwork
- Choice of trim size: 8.5 x 8.5 or 8 x 10*
- Content editing for spelling, grammar, & punctuation errors
- Scanning of original artwork, if using an outside illustrator (up to 16 scans)**
- Photoshop editing/finishing of artwork***
- Creation of cover
- Creation of title, copyright, dedication, and author bio pages (if applicable)
- Layout text, combine with illustrations
- PDF proof for approval with one round of corrections****
- Final PDF proof for approval prior to sending final High Resolution PDFs to you for upload
PRICE FOR PAPERBACK BOOK DESIGN: 8.5 x 8.5-$699.00* -or- 8.5 x 10-$799.00*
*A $100.00 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED AT START OF CONTRACT, WHICH WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM THE TOTAL COST OF DESIGN PACKAGE LISTED ABOVE.
*Available Trim Sizes
**Additional scans of artwork will be charged at $2.00 per scan.
***Edited artwork files are also available for purchase for an additional $49.00.
****Additional rounds of corrections made, at the request of the client (but at no fault to Self-Pub Book Design) will be charged at $49.00 each.
~Self-Pub Book Design’s Lead Designer, C.K. Carter, was just who I needed to help me self-publish my first children’s picture book. I had tried for years to get my book completed, but I was stuck with a good story and no plan. C.K. walked me through all the steps, answered my questions patiently and quickly, and delivered a final product for which I am so proud. Since C.K. has self-published her own children’s picture books, she understands the process and the many mistakes that first-time authors can make. I would recommend her services to anyone who has a children’s picture book idea, but lacks the time or experience to see it through the self-publishing process. -Amy Sweezey, Award-winning Broadcast Meteorologist
~My Silly Dog Gus comes with a classically illustrated cover that is sure to draw the attention of both male and female child readers. Who doesn’t love a dog? And a dog named Gus? Come on. Great marketing effort with this design. From the design to the illustrations, this is well above average. The overall production quality is top notch here. -2015 Judge, 3rd Annual Writer’s Digest Self-Published eBook Awards
~This having been my first book, I had no idea what to expect. I’d never worked with a book designer or an illustrator before. That being said, I can’t say enough good things about C.K. and Ricardo at Self-Pub Book Design. As a writer, trying to find someone that gels with your ideas and that can see them through to fruition is invaluable. C.K. and Ricardo were able to do that, and they were patient and understanding throughout the whole process. The costs and expectations for each stage of design and illustration were very clear. The pricing was very affordable and communication was above and beyond. C.K.’s guidance and knowledge of what was needed to take a children’s book from start to finish, was exceptionally thorough and professional. I would recommend Self-Pub Book Design’s services without hesitation! Thank you for such an outstanding experience! -Kristine Springstun, Children’s Book Writer